Author Topic: Facepunch thread nuked  (Read 20716 times)

Glitchvid

• Technical Lead
  • Admin
  • Feb 2014
Facepunch thread nuked
« on: January 13, 2015, 09:35 AM »
The Facepunch thread was closed, just letting everyone know.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 07:06 AM by Glitchvid »

RaTcHeT302

• Developer
  • Apr 2014
Facepunch thread nuked
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 09:38 AM »
I doubt anyone will ever bother posting here but whatever.

Animated avatars for 0$, ho.

RaTcHeT302

• Developer
  • Apr 2014
Facepunch thread nuked
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 09:44 AM »
We might as well fucking use them for something at least.

MG1231

• Grub
  • Dec 2014
Facepunch thread nuked
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 12:19 PM »
I don't even know what the hell happened.....

Glitchvid

• Technical Lead
  • Admin
  • Feb 2014
Facepunch thread nuked
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 12:32 PM »
I don't even know what the hell happened.....
Garry happened.

MG1231

• Grub
  • Dec 2014
Facepunch thread nuked
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 03:00 PM »
Shingeki no Garry Newman

RaTcHeT302

• Developer
  • Apr 2014
Facepunch thread nuked
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 07:44 PM »

I never knew dis

Mr. Someguy

• Headcrab
  • Apr 2014
    • MrSomeguy
Facepunch thread nuked
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 09:45 PM »
Yeah Garry re-introduced autolocking after disabling it after introducing it... He just kinda does these things every few months.

I'm here but not many others are  :sad:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:46 PM by Mr. Someguy »

Glitchvid

• Technical Lead
  • Admin
  • Feb 2014
Facepunch thread nuked
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 05:46 AM »
I'm here but not many others are  :sad:

Yeah, I'm not sure what we'll do, a lot of our support and publicity came from Facepunch.  And Porky hasn't wanted to create a new thread yet IIRC.

jackfu

• Stalker
  • Jan 2015
Facepunch thread nuked
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 06:57 AM »
Yeah, I'm not sure what we'll do, a lot of our support and publicity came from Facepunch.  And Porky hasn't wanted to create a new thread yet IIRC.

Why doesn't he?

Glitchvid

• Technical Lead
  • Admin
  • Feb 2014
Facepunch thread nuked
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 08:48 AM »
Why doesn't he?

He tells me he's waiting for more content to make the thread worthwhile, that the only thing that goes on right now is "... stupid arguments and suggestions..." that "...aren't even related to the mod."

I'm inclined to agree, I wish we had more content to show but since we don't, I'd rather not just regularly go "we're still alive" when people start saying the mod is dead.

jackfu

• Stalker
  • Jan 2015
Facepunch thread nuked
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 10:54 AM »
He tells me he's waiting for more content to make the thread worthwhile, that the only thing that goes on right now is "... stupid arguments and suggestions..." that "...aren't even related to the mod."

I'm inclined to agree, I wish we had more content to show but since we don't, I'd rather not just regularly go "we're still alive" when people start saying the mod is dead.

That's pretty reasonable.

Hideyoshi

• Stalker
  • Jan 2015
  • Meh.
Facepunch thread nuked
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2015, 11:42 AM »
Well, luckily I had this bookmarked. While I would like to see the return of the Facepunch thread in the future, I do agree that nothing worthwhile was actually happening there anyhow. And least now this forum may get some attention, since it's the only place to go to stay updated for the time being. I really don't see the point in what Garry did to the forums (much more clutter), but oh well.

Mr. Someguy

• Headcrab
  • Apr 2014
    • MrSomeguy
Facepunch thread nuked
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2015, 12:53 PM »

That's a lot more blunt than what he told me, but it's true and I can understand why the thread won't be re-opened so soon. Hopefully more people come here, this place has a cool design.

Glitchvid

• Technical Lead
  • Admin
  • Feb 2014
Facepunch thread nuked
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2015, 02:50 PM »
That's a lot more blunt than what he told me, but it's true and I can understand why the thread won't be re-opened so soon. Hopefully more people come here, this place has a cool design.
Yeah, we're all usually really direct to each other, I was just quoting verbatim because I thought they explained it really well.
Also, thanks; I did most of the modifications from the base theme (OverView), porky contributed the palette and icons, ratchet suggest designs.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:44 PM by Glitchvid »

RaTcHeT302

• Developer
  • Apr 2014
Facepunch thread nuked
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 11:36 PM »
Yeah, we're all usually really direct to each other, I was just quoting verbatim because I thought they explained it really well.
Also, thanks; I did most of the modifications from the base theme (OverView), porky contributed the palette and icons, ratchet suggest designs.

Heh, I did absolutely no work on the forum. Don't give me credit for something I barely worked on.

Porky-da-Corgi

• Texture Magician
  • Team Lead
  • Mar 2014
    • porkythefatcorgi
Facepunch thread nuked
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2015, 06:50 AM »
Yeah, I was also tired that day. I don't mean to sound rude to people, just sometimes I get fed up with the day and end up being a bit too blunt.
Currently I'm trying to get my life back in order and my mind back on track so I can actually do stuff, at the moment Pineclean's handling most of the management, which I'm thankful for.