Author Topic: Suggestion Sanctum  (Read 63019 times)

Porky-da-Corgi

• Texture Magician
  • Team Lead
  • Mar 2014
    • porkythefatcorgi
Suggestion Sanctum
« on: April 20, 2014, 04:51 AM »

Give us your suggestions on what could make the mod better!
No, we are not adding stealth mechanics.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 05:11 PM by Glitchvid »

CrystalGamma

• Stalker
  • Apr 2014
    • crystalgamma
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 03:05 AM »
Which thread do suggestions belong to now? This one, or the one in the 'Father'-forum (opened by glitchvid IIRC)?
Also, how about putting each suggestion in an own thread so people can see what has been considered already without wading through dozens or maybe hundreds of pages?

Glitchvid

• Technical Lead
  • Admin
  • Feb 2014
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 03:12 AM »
Which thread do suggestions belong to now? This one, or the one in the 'Father'-forum (opened by glitchvid IIRC)?
Also, how about putting each suggestion in an own thread so people can see what has been considered already without wading through dozens or maybe hundreds of pages?

My thread was accidental mock up (lots of 'em); this is going to be the thread suggestions are put in, if people want to have complicated suggestions and whatnot they can make a thread for them in this section.

chipsnapper

• Grub
  • Apr 2014
    • chipsnapper
Suggestion Sanctum (for forums)
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 05:18 AM »
How 'bout we get some ratings here, this is vBulletin right?  :dance:

Glitchvid

• Technical Lead
  • Admin
  • Feb 2014
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 09:44 AM »
How 'bout we get some ratings here, this is vBulletin right?  :dance:

This is not Vbulletin, if I had the $100-200 to drop for it, I'd certainly do it though.  I may see about getting a ratings mod for SMF.

chipsnapper

• Grub
  • Apr 2014
    • chipsnapper
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 10:43 AM »
This is not Vbulletin, if I had the $100-200 to drop for it, I'd certainly do it though.  I may see about getting a ratings mod for SMF.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1066
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=445872.0
not saying it HAS to be like FP in every respect, but we should get agree and disagree rates at the least.

Glitchvid

• Technical Lead
  • Admin
  • Feb 2014
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 12:27 PM »
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1066
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=445872.0
not saying it HAS to be like FP in every respect, but we should get agree and disagree rates at the least.

Both of those look interesting, but I'm probably going to hold off adding them since neither seem very good implementations of it.  there is a 1:1 copy of FP's ratings to SMF, but it's $40, which I think could be spent more wisely.

Mr. Someguy

• Headcrab
  • Apr 2014
    • MrSomeguy
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 11:24 PM »
Maybe a ratings system that only Devs can see the results of? Showing ratings makes people more likely to change their opinion on the fly and rate in favour of what everyone else is. We've had times in the EM thread where 2 posts of the same suggestion got opposite ratings (one got dumbs, other got agrees). If only Devs can see ratings, it'll be a lot more neutral and you might get more solid opinions.

CrystalGamma

• Stalker
  • Apr 2014
    • crystalgamma
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 08:26 AM »
I guess showing the ratings after one has voted would be enough, and would still give anyone who cares enough information about the general opinion.

chipsnapper

• Grub
  • Apr 2014
    • chipsnapper
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 12:33 AM »
Are we ever getting ANY form of a demo, even just for Ken's base?

Bumbanut

• Swag G Ballin
  • Apr 2014
    • Bumbanut
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 02:31 AM »
Are we ever getting ANY form of a demo, even just for Ken's base?
I don't think the mod has enough new content to justify a demo. It is available for playtesters to play, but it's still too early to release a demo to the public. Also, I assume making a demo takes some time (cutting out portions of gameplay as to not release the full version), so it doesn't really seem to be worthwhile at the moment.

Porky-da-Corgi

• Texture Magician
  • Team Lead
  • Mar 2014
    • porkythefatcorgi
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 04:52 AM »
It's a free mod, what do you need a demo for?

RaTcHeT302

• Developer
  • Apr 2014
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 08:53 AM »
add a gnome achievement

pick up a gnome from the trainstation, lose it when the combine trap you and have it teleport back at the entrance of ravenholm or near the elevator with alyx?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 08:54 AM by RaTcHeT302 »

Mr. Someguy

• Headcrab
  • Apr 2014
    • MrSomeguy
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 10:46 AM »
add a gnome achievement

pick up a gnome from the trainstation, lose it when the combine trap you and have it teleport back at the entrance of ravenholm or near the elevator with alyx?

When they say "Demo", they mean "I wanna play before it's finished"   :laugh:

RaTcHeT302

• Developer
  • Apr 2014
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 04:33 PM »
that was not related to the demo

ninenullseven

• Headcrab
  • Nov 2014
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 06:00 PM »
Hey there.
I've heard somewhere (maybe before steam HUB was removed) that HL2:E will feature split screen co-op. Is this true? Is there any details? Or videos of this thing if it's real.
It couldn't be really hard to implement since you are using post-l4d2 source build (I think Alien Swarm), and everything is already there (at least for 2 players).

I'm really looking forward to some old school split screen co-op (and deathmatch, or god time splitters golden eye sorry I've been dragged off). I love how Valve pushed PC gaming into living room and more and more games are getting local multiplayer. Hell even some FPS games are getting their long lost split screen love.
And I'm all ready with my big TV, couch, controllers and friends. A bit tired of playing L4D2, Contagion, SS3 and Goat Sim.

Glitchvid

• Technical Lead
  • Admin
  • Feb 2014
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 02:45 PM »
It was being worked on, but since our programmer left (and with him all the engine features we had); it's inclusion is still up in the air.

RaTcHeT302

• Developer
  • Apr 2014
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 01:33 AM »
If I'm not wrong we could still possibly enable the splitscreen features anyway, now if I only I could get AWS to build on VS2013.

I'm presuming that in the GitHub release there should be templates for it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 01:34 AM by RaTcHeT302 »

Glitchvid

• Technical Lead
  • Admin
  • Feb 2014
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2014, 07:45 AM »
If I'm not wrong we could still possibly enable the splitscreen features anyway, now if I only I could get AWS to build on VS2013.

I'm presuming that in the GitHub release there should be templates for it.

Sounds reasonable.

MG1231

• Grub
  • Dec 2014
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2015, 08:29 AM »
If it is possible, maybe you can integrate Lua to HL2 and do this
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=206166550 :headcrab: :headcrab: :headcrab:

Porky-da-Corgi

• Texture Magician
  • Team Lead
  • Mar 2014
    • porkythefatcorgi
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2015, 01:03 PM »
If it is possible, maybe you can integrate Lua to HL2 and do this
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=206166550 :headcrab: :headcrab: :headcrab:
No need for Lua for that stuff- and more zombie variants are on our to-do list.  :happy:

Glitchvid

• Technical Lead
  • Admin
  • Feb 2014
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 01:26 PM »
No need for Lua for that stuff- and more zombie variants are on our to-do list.  :happy:

Not to mention that "just" adding lua wouldn't make gmod addons work in our mod.

MG1231

• Grub
  • Dec 2014
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2015, 02:54 PM »
At this point, I'm just waiting for update mod 3.0 to come out...... It's probably not going to anyway since it has the cursed number ...

RaTcHeT302

• Developer
  • Apr 2014
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2015, 06:27 AM »
If Valve released a properly developed SDK then I wouldn't mind working on the mod a bit more often. At this point I am just waiting for Source 2 while I'm working on some personal projects.

Overhauling anything is a major pain in the ass. Source is for the most part sticked togheter with lot's of glue and tape. SFM is probably as badly done.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 06:30 AM by RaTcHeT302 »

Glitchvid

• Technical Lead
  • Admin
  • Feb 2014
Suggestion Sanctum
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2015, 07:06 AM »
If Valve released a properly developed SDK then I wouldn't mind working on the mod a bit more often. At this point I am just waiting for Source 2 while I'm working on some personal projects.

Overhauling anything is a major pain in the ass. Source is for the most part sticked togheter with lot's of glue and tape. SFM is probably as badly done.
Yeah, my main reason for hiatus is Source is becoming unbearable to work with.  Using Blender, Unreal, Source 2 is a ton nicer.